Monday, April 18, 2011

Tomato plant girl

                “Tomato plant girl” was a totally different experience compare to all the shows I watched before. The biggest different was the audiences, most of the audiences was little kids. The show itself is really simple and easy to understand, I think the target of the audiences was set as young’s. My friend and I went to the Thursday show because of the extra point opportunities. The show was host at the Goddard Center in Daytona State College. The theater was really small and simple, not much decoration but just one scene with a house, a garden, and two trees. The color of the floor was green I believe and by using the light to create the day and night moment. The energy of the show was really nice and clam, some little kid was a little bit exciting and tried to talk to the actor on the stage. When the magic guy rides the bike into the show and act crazy in front of the people, I think he is really brave doing whatever he did on the stage.  I personally didn’t really get into the show too much because the storyline is totally not for my age. It was a relationship story between the friends. The parents and children were happy, they had lots of fun. I think the parent had a wonderful forty-five minutes of relaxing time, and their kid had wonderful time watching live show. Some of the people fall in sleep when I looked around to see the reaction. I believe most of the people probably don’t like the mean girl like I do. I have to say that she did a really good job at acting mean and rude. When she treats her friend like crab, I even felt so bad for the girl who loves tomato plant. Few of the people were late and kind of interrupt the show which nobody appreciate that. Before the show my friend who’s in the show told me that in the middle of the show will have a wakeup call by the guy who yells really loud, and it did worked. When the mean girl’s mother (a guy?) yells so loud and scared all the people who were asleep, I was laughing. All the actors did a really good job, even I don’t like the mean girl but I still have to give her credit for being a good actor.  The tomato plant girl surprised me when I see how crazy she looks, but she did a good job being a plant girl. The two trees was the easiest acting I never see, one of them was my friend and all he did was being inside of the tree and move back and forward.  It was a pretty good experience of watching a short forty-five minutes show with lots of kid. I am glad that in the end of the show, the girl stands herself up to not let the mean girl bullying her no more. After the show my friend and I decided that for the next semester will are going to take the acting class and be the next tree man or something similar to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment